Saturday, August 6, 2011

So my last post was on December 29th, 2010 and I posted about being hugely pregnant. On December 31st, 2010 after 12 hours of labor (9 of which involved no epidural), they cut me open and ripped out the most precious human being I could have ever imagined. Mandie Joseph Chevitanondr was born and immediately became the center of our world.

It has been 7 months now and I can still just stare at her sleeping. We dread each milestone as it approaches because it means she is growing up (too fast); but we also celebrate each adorable moment. She has gone from a cute helpless little slug baby, to a gorgeous just shy of walking tot.



As much as I wish we could just freeze time I look forward to seeing what the amazing little girl will become. She has already shown her stubborn determination by crawling and standing, well before babies typically do. She loves music and has shown a specific taste for classic rock, which her Dad and I rarely listened to before her. (I think she has a crush on Freddie Mercury.) And she shows her compassion for others with hugs and kisses for her family, as well as her pets and stuffed animals.

She has so much to learn, discover and contribute to the world that I feel privileged to be there while she does it. I love my little Nugget, and I look forward to helping her learn and grow. But for as long as she will let me, I will kiss her peaceful sleeping little face and wish her the sweetest dreams at night and greatest adventures when she wakes.

No comments: