Anyone who knows me knows that I am a tomboy, my mom hoped and prayed that I would outgrow it and be more feminine but it never happened. Now that is not to say that every now and then I don't get the urge to put on make-up or do my hair but every time I follow through with that urge I remember once again the reasons I am at 29 a tomboy.
1. It is way more comfortable to wear clothing that is not so tight that even getting a penny into your pocket is a struggle.
2. I can sleep at least an extra half hour before work.
3. No one expects to see me dressed up so no one is disappointed by my appearance when I wear a t-shirt that is too big and cargo shorts.
4. I can sleep at least an extra half hour before work.
5. I don't have to carry a purse filled with cosmetics to maintain my appearance. (So when I do bother to carry a purse I can put important stuff in it like a rubber band, 3 quarters and a nickle, the ball from a mouse, 7 Dave and Busters tickets, my ipod and cell phone, a book, a travel water color kit, my camera, etc.)
6. If I find the need to do something slightly but not overly athletic I am dressed appropriately.
7. I can sleep in at least an extra half hour before work.
and I'm sure there are many more reasons but tonight I was reminded of one of the major reasons I do not get girlie very often...
I bought a flat iron for my hair and it is supposed to work with your hair wet or dry...I read the directions and after my shower I set off to make my hair straight. It was a little awkward getting started but soon I was impressed with myself for my ability to use this high tech piece of girlifying equipment ...that was until a steaming hot droplet of water lept from my flat iron and propelled itself onto my bare should where it scalded my tender flesh.
Too many aspects of trying to be feminine require pain and therefore make it simply not worth it to me. I would rather be comfortable and not the hotest girl than to be the hottie that has to wake up early just to torture herself to look like someone who isn't her. For the most part I'm okay looking like me and if some guy isn't happy with that then fuck'm he can try curling his eye lashes with this....
and how hot does she look while she's doing this ....
Yeah just not worth it.